Skilled Maintenance Technician
Al-Hidaya Center is looking for a Skilled Maintenance Technician to perform tasks such as repairs and upkeep for our buildings (Latham Mosque, School Building, Old Salvation Army Building and Troy Mosque). You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls, painting etc.
- Install appliances and equipment
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation, sound and security systems)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Escalate issues to professional contractors when required and approved by management
- Oversee contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Perform snow removal and lawn moving as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work 40 hours a week (Tuesday thru Saturday)
- Proven experience to fulfill the responsibilities outlined above
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Ability to use hand and electrical tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually
- Strong time management skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to commute between different buildings
- This position requires 3 months of apprenticeship
- Must be authorized to work legally in United States
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, cover letter, and 3 references with the subject line.