Skilled Maintenance Technician
Job tittle: School Administrative Assisstant
Work Hours: Full-Time. Usually evening and/or weekends
School administrative assistant is responsible for overseeing all the administrative duties in school. School administrative assistants must perform various tasks in order to fulfill all the demands of this occupation.Individual will be expected to coordinate, collaborate and work effectively with the team of AHC learning center.
- Handle all forms of communications (Phone calls, emails, mails) and report to school administrators.
- Communicate efficiently with school staff, parents, teachers and students.
- Maintain student database and all forms of records related to the school including updating student attendance.
- Work with flexibility with administrators in handling time sensitive tasks.
- Be able to keep an organized office and filing system.
- Provide daily support to school personnel, arrange meetings and generate reports.
- Assist with registration, follow-ups, collecting tuition, inventory of supplies,
- handle complaints and address issues pertaining to students and school policies.
Be able to work with computers and navigate through softwares such as word, excel, powerpoint, google drive etc.
Proficient communication skills.
Experienced in administrative assistant position already will be an added plus.
Al-Hidaya Center is looking for a Skilled Maintenance Technician to perform tasks such as repairs and upkeep for our buildings (Latham Mosque, School Building, Old Salvation Army Building and Troy Mosque). You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls, painting etc.
- Install appliances and equipment
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation, sound and security systems)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Escalate issues to professional contractors when required and approved by management
- Oversee contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Perform snow removal and lawn moving as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work 40 hours a week (Tuesday thru Saturday)
- Proven experience to fulfill the responsibilities outlined above
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Ability to use hand and electrical tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually
- Strong time management skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to commute between different buildings
- This position requires 3 months of apprenticeship
- Must be authorized to work legally in United States
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com your resume, cover letter, and 3 references with the subject line.